For a quick, healthy weekend breakfast I love Cinnamon Raisin French Toast. This recipe makes one serving but it is just as easy to double or triple the recipe for a crowd. I make it healthy while adding flavor by using the Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Bread (you can find it in the freezer section at your grocery store).
2 slices Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Bread, defrosted
2 whole eggs
Splash of milk
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 TBSP buttery spread (or to taste)
2 TBSP pure maple syrup (or to taste)
1. Beat together eggs, milk, vanilla extract salt and pepper in a shallow bowl
2. One piece at a time, dip both sides of bread in the egg mixture, allowing the bread to sop it all up
3. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet (or griddle if cooking for a crowd) over medium heat coated with cooking spray
4. Cook bread for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and the eggs are cooked through
5. Top with buttery spread and pure maple syrup and enjoy!